What if your home felt like you? What if you could completely be yourself in all areas of life? How would that feel? How would your world be different?

September 2, 2019

Seasons Come, Seasons Go

Butterflies, butterflies, butterflies. If you have known me for long, you know that I have a love of butterflies. Yet, here I am getting rid of many butterfly things and often thinking, “I don't want more butterflies.”

The thing about collections, desires, and affinities is they are about seasons. I have been coming to the end of a great transformational period. The butterfly is a symbol of transformation. I still feel a pull to have them for my business which is about transforming lives through the home, but I find that the pull to have them in my life is coming to a close.

Sometimes, our season is like this butterfly for me. We need a symbol in our life for a while and then we're complete. Animal totems will often be like this. Maybe you're drawn to bears for a while because you need what the bear teaches and then you've learned and you're ready for the next totem.

Other times the reason for the end of the season is different. I'll explain a couple of alternative reasons for a season to change.

As I have been writing this, I realized why my season for snow globes came to an end a few years back. I used to be in love with them. I noticed my interest in them begin to wane when my daughter was about 3. Now that my youngest is about 10, I find my interest returning. I can see that for this, there is a subconscious belief about having those nice glass decorations around toddlers and young children. Sometimes, we lose interest for a time because of the stage of life we are in.

I have also heard of a Karmic desire for things. An ancestor, or for those of you who believe in past lives a past life could affect what you are drawn to. I wish I remembered the details of a story I heard. I believe the ancestor was a pig farmer or something and they slaughtered a number of pigs. The descendant was drawn to collecting pig figurines. When she reached a certain number, she stopped collecting, in fact, she lost interest in pigs altogether. There was a figurine for each pig slaughtered as if that would somehow make up for the failings of the ancestor. Of course, none of this was conscious until a psychic got involved to give answers.

When we are decluttering, it can be easy to want to keep holding onto things like my butterflies, or this other person and her pigs. At one time, they gave great joy but now not so much. It isn't uncommon to think we need to hold on for the past's sake, or even for the “one day I might love it again” idea. Living in the past or future like this does not make our soul sing.

If you are really asking your soul what makes it sing, you might get an answer like, “pack it away for a time.” I didn't understand why a pillow that doesn't seem to match my decor was something for me to keep but I kept it. Now the answer is becoming clear as I am turning my attention to decorating my bedroom in mermaid themes. The pillow will be a perfect fit. If you don't get a strong “Yes, it makes my soul sing,” or another reason to keep it or pack it away, is it really worth keeping? We want to surround our soul with things that make it sing.

Holding onto things because they once brought us joy is living in the past. Our season may have come to an end. Holding onto what we might need someday, is living in a future that may never exist. It's also a sign of living in scarcity. If you have an abundant or blessings mindset, you will trust you have what you need and will have what you need.

I do have one exception. In my church, we have been guided to have food and emergency storage. It's a hard act to balance. On the one hand, we don't want to live in fear of what could happen. On the other hand, we want to be obedient. In cases like these, I ask that you commune with your higher power for the answer that is right for you. Keep what you need in a state of obedience, not fear. Check in about each item and make sure it is right for you and that your reason is not fear-based. Just as with all things, they should make your soul sing. Obedience would make your soul sing, fear will make your soul cringe.

For me, the season of butterflies in my personal life is coming to an end. I'm moving out of a state of transformation and into a state of living in the flow and magic of life, hence the mermaids. Mermaids live in the flow and they are magical creatures. My business still feels aligned with butterflies so I will still have them on my wall for the background of my YouTube videos and around in my logo and such for business. My business is still transforming people's lives.

Does this mean I'll get rid of all the other butterflies in my life? No. The candle is still beautiful and reminds me of the love of a friend, so I'll keep it. There are other things that have similar sentiments. I'll look at each butterfly individually to see if it makes my heart sing. If someone gives me a butterfly, I'll ask that object if it makes my heart sing as well. I don't hate butterflies. I still like them, I just don't have that strong pull anymore, and that's okay.


Is there something in your life that you have been holding onto because it once was? Is there something you are holding onto for a someday that may never come? Do they make your soul sing? If not, is it time to let them go?

With love from my heart to yours,

Michele

House Intuitive

Healing homes and the people who love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment