What if your home felt like you? What if you could completely be yourself in all areas of life? How would that feel? How would your world be different?

August 19, 2019

Beyond the Clutter

Writing a blog post for this week has been an adventure. I'm at a venture in my home healing project. That is such a funny word to write. I looked it up because I wanted to know what it really meant. Venture: a risky or daring journey or undertaking, according to the Oxford dictionary result in my Google search.

The truth is, for me that's how it felt. I have gotten to a point where I finally have decluttered most of my stuff. I have very little to go through now. When it comes to what I can do in my home, my answers have now become decorating ideas instead of decluttering.

Decorating? You wouldn't think that would be a risky adventure. Here's the deal, decorating brings up a whole list of beliefs and fears I didn't even realize I had.

There are beliefs I learned from my mom. Her phrase, “I can never have nice things because of you kids.” I realized that I have a similar idea that parents with kids at home can't have nice things. The nice homes are for the people who have all of their kids out of the house. When I ask myself if it's true, I am reminded of people I know who have nice homes and kids at home.

There are beliefs about what kind of person buys decorating things. Funny as my current job is at Hobby Lobby. We have a lot of crafts but in the center of the store is home decor. This means I am seeing a lot of decorating items being bought by everyday people. I catch the crazy beliefs coming up. Do they need any of this? No, need isn't the right word, but they want it and there really is nothing wrong with wanting a pretty home.

Um, that's not what my subconscious says. As I look at a little of what I have done in my home, it both makes me smile and makes me cringe. Money beliefs, family beliefs, ideas about having nice things, frivolous things. They're all coming up.

For me, this is a huge change in how I look at and deal with homes and the people who love them. I knew clutter expressed how we are feeling inside, why didn't I let myself see the truth about decorating?

This is the thing about your home. Just as we have layers to the beliefs, emotions, and thoughts inside of us, we'll have layers in our homes. When you get through the clutter layers, you may find some surprising things underneath. What was your clutter protecting you from? Mine was protecting me from being a “selfish and vain person” among other things.


I'm excited to take on these next beliefs. What about you? Are you ready for the next layer?


With love from my heart to yours,

Michele

House Intuitive

Healing homes and the people who love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment