What if your home felt like you? What if you could completely be yourself in all areas of life? How would that feel? How would your world be different?

July 8, 2019

Soulda Woulda Coulda

I often ask myself the following question, "What can I do in my home to help shift the energy of <insert current dilemma here>?" Lately, every time I ask—no matter what the subject—I got the same response, "Sort the dishes."

The dishes were boxes of dishes up in a closet. They were dishes I used in my marriage. Nearly 11 years ago, they got packed away. First, we moved in with my in-laws. Then my ex and I were separated for a bit while he lived with his family and I lived with mine. After that, we got back together but this time living with my mom. Finally, we separated for good and I continued to live with my mom. During the divorce process, we sorted and divided them; otherwise, these dishes have remained in boxes for years.

I delayed this process for a few months. Here's my main thought, "If I sort these and give some away, then I am admitting that I will never have my own place, that I will be here forever." This isn't logical but often the things that keep us from doing what we know is best isn't logical.

Recently, I pulled them out. The first two boxes weren't so bad. It was kind of fun. I found some things that we could use now, some things that I will keep at least for now, and some that I am donating. Pretty simple and it wasn't so bad.

Then came the third box. It's silly that a casserole dish brought tears to my eyes. It represented the life that could have been. It unlocked grief that I hadn't addressed. There was the failed marriage and although we had problems, I did love him. There were the guys that although I tried to let go, I still held on.

I compared it to other parts of my life. The life I could have had if I would have taken care of my body. The life I could have had if I had gone to that one school. The life I could have had if I hadn't gotten pregnant. It goes on. All of the things I should have done, could have done, and would have done. This alternate life that a part of me was still holding onto. I had dreams and things went according to a different plan. In the end, maybe I'll see it was a better plan. 😊

To let go of the guys, I imagined them to be kites and I simply let go of the strings. I can't tell you how much lighter I felt. I then traced it back to childhood. I went to a time when I had to give up some favorite clothes because they didn't fit. I wanted to hold on then, and in a way I did. After that was healed, I would look for other areas this idea applied such as my weight, money, etc. Each place that an emotional trigger occurred, I did more healing. I even did some premortal work to clear some things from before I was born.

Imagine the life I can create now by letting go of the life that could have been. Imagine the possibilities of what I can create. Are you holding onto what could have been? What patterns can you find in your stuff? Even if you don't have a lot, I bet you can find a pattern. You might even find healing like I have.

Lots of love from my heart to yours,

Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment